What to do if there is a Flood?
Here’s what you can do to stay safe during a flood:
- If flooding occurs, go to higher ground and avoid areas subject to flooding.
- Do not attempt to walk across flowing streams or drive through flooded roadways.
- If water rises in your home before you evacuate, go to the top floor, attic, or roof.
- Listen to a battery-operated radio for the latest storm information.
- Turn off all utilities at the main power switch and close the main gas valve if advised to do so.
- If you’ve come in contact with floodwaters, wash your hands with soap and disinfected water.
Find out if you can sign up for free 24 hour Floodline Warnings a direct service by clicking HERE or by calling Floodline 0345 988 1188. You can select to receive warnings by phone, text, email, etc. A great way to make sure that you can move your belongings to a safe place, food, water, etc and be prepared.